8-4, Ltd. is looking for a new Associate Project Manager to join our small team here at our Tokyo office. This would be a newly created position and start on a contract basis, most likely lasting anywhere from 3 to 6 months (the length of at least one major project), with the possibility of continuing after that based on how everything works out. Perks include free tissues and all the free water you can drink.
- Communicating with clients, freelancers, and co-workers, keeping everyone informed of developments, as they become important
- Creating and adjusting schedules for individuals and projects as a whole
- Proofreading and editing text as necessary
- Doing whatever it takes to get the project done on time and at the highest possible level of quality
- A strong passion for and deep knowledge of video games
- Some Japanese language skills
- Extremely organized, but laid back and flexible enough to handle inevatable changes and problems
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in localization, writing, or production of some kind within the gaming industry
- Microsoft Excel abilities such that this world has never witnessed
- You noticed the typo and unnecessary comma somewhere above in this job description
- Living in the Tokyo area with a valid working visa
- Fluent in Japanese
If you’re interested, send a short email saying something about yourself and/or why you’d be great for the job to email@example.com, and attach your resume. We’ll contact qualified candidates via email, usually within 2 weeks of receiving their resume.